Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Just Imagine If It Had Been You...

So, it is late on this Sunday night... I just wrapped up my live broadcast on Facebook. My topic tonight was self belief and self esteem. Considering I was competing with Sunday night football, I felt blessed to have a great turn out and must admit I was surprised that many viewers were men that I thought would have been watching the game. (Ha!)

Being that Mondays are the day that I typically write and post my inspirational/motivational blog, here I sit now, carefully considering my topic of choice, but even more so, the approach I am taking with it,

because...

it also happens to be September 11th, a day that is likely the most memorable day in American History. A day that even if I wanted to forget, I could never do so with exposure to every tweet, snap, Instagram and Facebook update that harshly reminded me this morning with photos of the explosion, and wreckage, and with profile avatar's changing to a temporary skyline of the twin towers.

All of these reminders are why I chose to stay silent, to NOT to post a "Remember 9/11" update. It is why I did NOT go live about 9/11, and also why I am choosing to post this blog on Tuesday instead of my usual Monday. It was out of RESPECT that I chose to separate myself from the "norm" once again because I tick a bit differently. As a person who is now "expected" to  voice an opinion with a comment, blog, or live broadcast on controversial issues and current events, I guess you could say that I rebelled today.

Just imagine for a minute, that YOU lost someone in that horrific tragedy; maybe you actually did... perhaps it was your son, brother, father, grandfather, uncle, daughter, sister, mom, grandmother, aunt, spouse, or best friend. As if the daily reminders would not be enough... like the empty seat at the kitchen table during breakfast, or the perfectly fluffed pillow that you now lie awake staring at that once embodied the one person who brought you so much happiness.

Then, on a day when all you'd like to do is get away from the reminders, you can't. You can't even jump online for mindless leisure knowing that it will be smothered with reminders, pictures and memories of the moment in your life that stands still.

How would YOU feel?


SO... I STAYED SILENT

Grief is something that I am all too familiar with, I know how much it hurts, the void it leaves, and how it never goes away, but merely morphs into a new layer of pain. Today... I thought of those that grieve not only on this day, but every time they wake up, and so I remained silent today out of respect for those who REALLY won't forget.

Social media is truly a necessary evil. It has connected so many of us and has SO many positive effects, yet still... in a crazy world where nothing seems private and nothing goes unsaid, we CAN choose to be a little different, a little more respectful, and a little less loud when we need to.


We will always remember, we will never forget. But let us also never forget, the daily grief, broken hearts and empty feelings, or the fact that some people WANT to forget that day and the pain that comes with every single reminder we post.


Until next time....

PURSUE WHAT YOU HOPE FOR; LEAVE BEHIND WHAT YOU WISH TO FORGET.... 


xoxo

Shells












I HOPE THAT YOU WILL:

SHARE THIS POST

Follow me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ShelleyD.Giard/


https://www.facebook.com/theSGiardgroup/



Follow me on Twitter

Instagram: ShelleyGiard

    
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOGS, YOU WILL LOVE MY BOOK

To purchase a signed copy 


To read reviews and purchase my book on Amazon
                                              
                                            click here>>> http://amzn.to/1oki1qR 

             



No comments:

Post a Comment