Friday, September 13, 2013

Short and Sweet

As the weekend starts I am feeling a little excited... for many reasons actually, but the main one is that I actually have the weekend off. (Well,sort of. I do have one quick hair client in the morning.) BUT for the first time in months I can relax, perhaps unpack my suitcases from Vegas and just CHILL; no rush... no plans and quite frankly, my body may not leave my pajamas this weekend.

I am tired... I have been going non-stop like the Energizer bunny since before I went to California a month ago and I am finally feeling it. It has HIT me and I need to settle down before my next round.

So, tonight's weekend blog is going to be a short and sweet reflection of this... I am going back to my writing roots for you tonight and breaking out the inner poet. At this very moment I have no clue what's going to transpire but here it goes.... (cracking my knuckles and letting it go)


The Hush...

In the wild nature of life 
I oft forget the moments of peace that I need to survive
So busy building a life, a future, a nest for my being... 
silence is forgotten.

Serenity is rare where hustle and bustle breeds, 
where living strong and living hard is a ride
So busy building a life, a future, a nest for my being... 
silence is forgotten

Quiet moments bring us peace, 
serenity, comfort, clarity.
So busy building life, a future, a nest for my being... 
silence is forgotten.

This is a reminder of this wonder, 
a thought provoking memory in my moment of downtime; 
I am weary
So busy building a life, a future, a nest for my being  

I will now enjoy the silence that was forgotten.


Have a safe, relaxing weekend!
XOXO
~Shells~

READ~SHARE~SUBSCRIBE

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Get a copy of my inspirational memoir 





No comments:

Post a Comment