Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Thanksgiving Day Message

Today as I prepare a Thanksgiving day feast, I am reminded of how lucky I am to have food to prepare, the kitchen to cook it in and am thankful for the family and friends that I will spend it with; not everyone has those things making me more fortunate. My friends and family bring so much to my life, ups and downs are healthy, occasional drama is normal, that is all part of it. Toxic relationships are the ones that you must rid yourself of and I am thankful I learned that lesson.

It has been quite a month... a bit challenging and a bit stressful. I have had many things on my mind, many eventful moments and thoughts of the upcoming holiday season. Sometimes when that happens, I allow the overload of emotions to take over and my mind struggles to escape. Today, I plan to escape... if only for a day I will allow myself to "run away" from stressful thoughts and overloaded mind so I can enjoy a nice dinner with my family and friends. I will envelope myself in this holiday season, one that is not meant to be commercial, but meant as a time for us to be thankful to have what we have even if it is less than someone else, to experience the love of our family and friends even if it is a small family and only one friend, to spend quality time with those closest to us and use it as a reminder that we are lucky, we are fortunate, we have much to be thankful for.

Today, and everyday we should think of these things as we struggle to get through the stresses of life; it's hard and it is much easier said than done, however it would make every day brighter, perhaps easier and a lot more meaningful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families. 

XOXO
~Shells~

No comments:

Post a Comment