Friday, December 5, 2014

Good Vibrations....A Birthday Blog

As a young child, I was very kindhearted, warm, friendly and funny. However, as the years went by, circumstances, people and heartbreak hardened my spirit quite a bit. I became afraid to let my guard down, I was afraid to trust and lots of times felt that I could not be as nice as I wanted to be because people would either take advantage of me or think I was strange considering that most people simply AREN'T nice. I am glad that feeling has changed now, simply because I discovered myself again and realized that you truly do reap what you sew. Never failing... if I do something that I know in my gut may not be the best choice, but do it anyway, something negative always follows. Likewise, when I do something  good or nice for someone... amazing stuff comes my way. I still make mistakes and bad decisions... we all do from time to time, but my goal is to touch as many lives with positive energy, warmth, love and smiles as I possibly can; there are way too many great people out there not being appreciated for who they are. Do not judge people for their past... choose to look at them for who they are now or who they hope to become. We all have the ability to change who we are and everyone deserves a clean slate.

If there is one lesson that I have learned over the last several years of my life (of course we ALL know I have learned more than one) it is that what you put "out there" you definitely get back. That has proved itself over and over again in my lifetime and was proven to me once again today when I got to my hotel room and opened up my laptop and was overwhelmed with messages. I took an hour of my evening before heading to dinner for one in the hotel restaurant and graciously replied one by one to each of the 300 + happy birthday messages on my Facebook page.  To all of those reading who left me a message, know that you made my 41st birthday really special, thanks for the good vibrations.

Now, I know that Facebook reminded people that it was my birthday... and I know I said something similar last year when 200 people did the same thing... but there is something to be said when someone takes the time to click the birthday calendar and then type out a private message to you, or post a card or a photo of cake or candles that makes me feel that I am doing something to make a difference in this crazy world we live in; that the things I put out there is having an impact on those who watch my posts. I also got at least 20 text messages, some from people I have not heard from in a long time that reminded me that you never know who's life you are touching, but they will let you know at some point that you matter.

Acts of kindness, gratitude and appreciation go very far... so my heart was truly warmed. It's those little things that most take for granted that I hold so dear because they are more valuable to me than any amount of money; I know there are other people in the world that feel the same way.

Okay... I am beginning to sound like a Hallmark card so I guess I better control the mush and just say goodnight. The bottom line?


 BE NICE. BE REAL. REWARD OTHERS for the GOOD that they do and ALWAYS, MOST DEFINITELY BE YOU!


Until next time...

xoxo

Shells


                                                   

                                                          

















I HOPE THAT YOU WILL:

SHARE THIS POST

Follow me on Facebook


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/shelleygiard



IF YOU LIKE MY BLOGS, YOU WILL LOVE MY BOOK

To purchase a signed copy 


OR to read reviews and purchase it on Amazon
                                                       





No comments:

Post a Comment