Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Taking Time to Reconnect with Yourself

Tonight, as I sit in the quietness of my hotel room after a long, creative day, I look out at the moon beaming light into my window and can honestly say I am in a very peaceful place right now; mind body and spirit. Just a day ago I was caught up in everyday life, my daily hustle and bustle that often seems to have a sense of urgency to it. That is not to say that I don't love it, because I thoroughly LOVE my life... it is simply a very different place and tells a different story from where I am in this very moment.

As many know... I rarely stop, I stay busy all of the time, like it that way and find it hard to relax. Tonight however, I realized that it's not that I have a hard time relaxing... I just have to be in the right place to do so and sometimes I prefer solitude when I need to unwind; it is a bit blissful to me quite frankly. Coming in early after a great dinner with friends, I got into my cozy clothes tonight and began to reflect on my day... I laid on the bed and just allowed my mind to replay the day; then decided to write.

Over the next several days here in Provincetown, Massachusetts.... the oldest and most beautiful art colony in the United States, I will be exploring new artistic adventures. I am diving into creative exploration and day 1 was simply amazing. I am surrounded by like minded people and feel absolutely wonderful in this environment. I simply cannot wait to see how the next few days unfold and what box I can catapult myself out of as I tap into things that have always been inside of me but I never took the time to express. Saying that I am excited is an understatement.

So often people morph themselves into who they need to be in certain surroundings... they "become" who they need to become in order to adapt to who they are accompanied by. I consider myself fortunate. Although I used to be that person who constantly tried to fit in with those around me, unless it was a place where I could just be "ME" it never really worked. Through this, I have reconnected with myself over the past several years and I no longer feel ashamed of who I am or what I went through to get there. I seek people who I can connect with on many levels... I seek depth in everything and have no room for insignificance anymore. I no longer feel guilt when I want time to myself and I know how valuable that time is in order to maintain balance in my life. I had rid myself of toxic friends, broken relationships and things that made me feel anything less than happy and as a result I am peaceful in this moment... not perfect, but peaceful.

I encourage you today to commit to reconnecting with yourself... pretend if you have to that you are in a quiet, serene place and explore who you are in the inside.. tap into what you hope for, wish for, and then GO DO IT. Nobody stops you... only YOU stop you, so get out of your own way so you can fly to unlimited heights!!

Thanks for stopping by... see you next blog.

xoxo

Shells


                                           
                                                          
I HOPE THAT YOU WILL:

SHARE THIS POST

Follow me on Facebook


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/shelleygiard



To purchase a signed copy of my book click here

www.ineedthehappyending.com

or to by it on Amazon
                                                       






No comments:

Post a Comment