Tuesday, August 9, 2016

This Whirlwind We Call Life

Tonight as I sit and type this late Monday night blog, I am filled up with thoughts, including how life is such a whirlwind of events, emotions, thoughts and actions. It's quite amazing really, how we toggle through each and every day, without falling asleep from pure exhaustion before it's over.

For those of you who are old enough to remember the Dunkin Donuts commercial years ago, where the little dude would come in every morning half asleep and say "time to make the donuts", life has seemed that way at times for me, does it ever feel like that for you?

(For those of you who have NO idea what this commercial reference is... just Google it! Ah the power of search engines for the young ones)

Anyway... back to where I was, life is sometimes robotic, monotonous, and simply put, boring. This is why we must CREATE some excitement into each day to keep from being bored to death. My "creations" are often looked at as CRAZY... because I do things that keep me busy... excited... but they are not necessarily what the "world" finds exciting. I set goals and go after them.

When I rewind the past 11 months of my life, I am amazed that another year has gone by... time really doesn't sit still. In fact, it moves at lightning speed right before our eyes, which is why we truly must make the best of every single day. We must be certain to do some conscious things in the midst of all the unconscious behavior.

What is your life like? Is it calm or crazy? Predictable or spontaneous? I must say, that mine had become a bit predictable as I shifted my career focus into achieving a life- long dream, and moving to a new state. I had to get into a new routine, and routine is often a necessary part of success. However, over the past several months, many changes have occurred, some challenges have reared their ugly head, causing me to suit up and fight some battles. However in the fight, I also gained some victory and all of it has led me to yet another whirlwind... an unexpected twist in my journey.

In just one short month, on the 1 year anniversary of my exciting move to Charlotte, NC, for a new beginning, I am moving back to Tampa. Not because life did not work here, it has actually been amazing, I have made some great friends and business connections that I intend to keep, and have loved my home and neighborhood. However, let's just say that a person in life challenged me and instead of fighting it I made the decision that perhaps I still have work to do in Tampa. Funny, that in the middle of what seemed to be a negative thing, positive light began to shine through.

I have heard and even experienced a "break" from something, only to pick it back up later and try it again and been incredibly successful. That is how I am choosing to look at this unexpected journey back to a place that I said goodbye to a year ago.

Although bittersweet, this move has purpose, just as the move to NC did. I stay faithful that this purpose will be revealed in bright light, so that I won't be confused as to what that purpose is. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, because I am... however each and every moment leads you to the next. So sometimes, despite your fears and uncertainty, you just have to accept it and claim it.

I am looking forward to seeing what lies ahead, I have changed a lot in one year. The growth that I have experienced as a human being... in my soul, faith and heart have made this experience SO worth while. I embrace the journey ahead, I know it will leave me with more stories to tell!

One day though, I hope to feel more settled... to live a life that is more calm, and hope I don't find that boring.  I really do close my eyes often to dream of the day when I will be sitting on my back porch, overlooking a beautiful lake in the mountains, crisp air wrapping me like a warm blanket, sipping a cup of coffee, reading a good book and thinking to myself...

"Yep, this is what I worked for. That whirlwind I call my life was worth it."


" When you wake up and your reality is no longer a dream... you know that your dreams have become your reality." ©Shelley Giard 2016



Until next time....

PURSUE WHAT YOU HOPE FOR; LEAVE BEHIND WHAT YOU WISH TO FORGET.... 


xoxo

Shells






I HOPE THAT YOU WILL:

SHARE THIS POST

Follow me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ShelleyD.Giard/


https://www.facebook.com/theSGiardgroup/



Follow me on Twitter

Instagram: ShelleyGiard

     

     
 IF YOU LIKE MY BLOGS, YOU WILL LOVE MY BOOK

To purchase a signed copy 


To read reviews and purchase my book on Amazon
                                              
                                            click here>>> http://amzn.to/1oki1qR 

             



No comments:

Post a Comment