Sunday, October 28, 2012

Special Meaning part 2....

First of all my apologies for not posting a blog since the 19th... last week was VERY CRAZY and eventful so I have a valid excuse! Mid week, my 4 year old son Zane was coughing like a mad man; he is NEVER sick but allergic to everything under the sun, so... after a visit to the doc it was found that he had caught a nasty respiratory virus (RSV). We came home with a nebulizer and I assisted him with breathing treatments every 3 hours all week. By the 19th, I was sitting on pins and needles (as I shared in my last blog post) waiting for the Kindle version of my book to go live, that was a mega stress builder... (the good kind that involves adrenaline) Unfortunately it did not happen before midnight as I had hoped... (and alas there WAS a reason ). On the 20th, my oldest daughter Cierra flew in and my Kindle version finally went live! Exciting! On both accounts. Being that my oldest is now across the country from us I always love when she comes home to visit, so I then took the weekend off to spend with the family.

By Sunday my youngest daughter "Brie" started coughing... although I love that her brother shares everything with her without a fight, in this case I wish he had been selfish, Ugh. Monday went pretty smooth but my littlest one was feeling worse as the day went on. She handles everything in stride and rarely complains and this was no exception, but laying around all day even when music was playing was a clear indication she was not feeling herself. That night (or  I suppose I should say at the crack of Tuesday morning) at about 1:00 a.m. she woke up crying. I went into her room and she was struggling to breathe. Her large rapid breaths scared me and Corey to death.  Her little heart was racing so we decided I should take her to the ER. Corey stayed home with the other two kiddos and off we went. 4 hours later, after they got her oxygen stabilized and after finding out she had tested positive for RSV, we were transported to All Children's Hospital where we stayed the next two days.

While we were in the hospital, the paperback version of my book became available on Amazon and the day we were discharged, my daughter Cierra had to leave.... (but not before I squeezed her into my studio to give her a new hairstyle and color as I had promised her I would.) I was literally a walking Zombie... and it took me a few days to recover, but we are; it's Sunday... fun-day, the day of rest, and the night I typically blog for my Monday posts. I decided that since I have had to skip a few days I will post this one tonight and write another one for tomorrow to make up for the lost time. Call it stupid and uncalled for but hey... it's me and my brain and that's just how it ticks.

If you have not read my last blog post yet, read it now (click below) 
or this last paragraph will not mean as much...

As I end this post, I will say this... my book went live while my daughter was here, she was able to share that moment with me; how appropriate and on purpose that was! Maybe I am reading into it too much, but it was special... to have her here the day it went live. It was only one day after Teresa's birthday; the day it SHOULD have gone live which I was upset about. Perhaps this was Teresa's way of letting me know that she wanted Cierra to be here when it happened... and I am really glad she was. <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">
Reasons for everything that happen surround you... pay attention.


Me and my daughter Cierra... aka "Mini Me"

What makes this mom happy? Seeing ALL her kids together! <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">