Monday, July 18, 2016

Be the Light That Others Seek

Well friends, another week has passed and I am sad to say that the world is still a mess. If only I had a magic wand to sweep over the nation and fix it all; wouldn't THAT be awesome?

I am thankful today for my health, for my family and for the simple fact that I am alive; for that, I am blessed. I do not live in fear, although there are several people who do. I do not live in worry, because I can only live day to day being the best that I can and plan for a brighter future.

My goal today is to be short and sweet, to be a muse for those of you who need an escape from all that is happening and just need some light to shine in on your life. After all, if we all became beacons for others, this world would be a better place now wouldn't it?

But instead, most people spread negativity, they replay news stories that we are all tired of seeing, hearing and being reminded of. We do not pose solutions, but simply regurgitate the problems. We thrive on, yet also fear the chaos. It's the most obscene contradiction I know of.

Nothing is perfect, but that does not mean we should give up trying to perfect what has gone so terribly wrong. We get swallowed up in current events, political debate and propaganda. Meanwhile... we miss out on the bigger picture; CHANGING OURSELVES to influence others.

We CAN'T change others, but we CAN change ourselves, and through those changes we inspire others to change. Anger fuels anger, hate fuels hate, fear fuels fear, worry fuels worry, violence fuels more violence.

On the other hand, love... understanding and hope fuels the same. What fuel are you pouring out for the world to see?

I will continue to be a light in a VERY dark world. I will continue to spread the Word of God in hopes of changing a few hearts, because I know how miraculously mine was changed and what that change did and continues to do for my life.

I STARTED WITH ME when things were a mess, and I encourage you to do the same. When people start to see you change, they take notice, they pay attention, and soon enough, you will have a few people following you. You will inspire others to change so that they can have some of what you have... happiness. Be the page that people go to when everyone else on their feed is negative.

"Be the light and others will seek you. Be the dark and people will fall into it with you."
©2016 Shelley Giard

Matthew 5: 14-16
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.


Until next time....

PURSUE WHAT YOU HOPE FOR; LEAVE BEHIND WHAT YOU WISH TO FORGET.... 


xoxo

Shells






I HOPE THAT YOU WILL:

SHARE THIS POST

Follow me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ShelleyD.Giard/


https://www.facebook.com/theSGiardgroup/



Follow me on Twitter

Instagram: ShelleyGiard

     

     
 IF YOU LIKE MY BLOGS, YOU WILL LOVE MY BOOK

To purchase a signed copy 


To read reviews and purchase my book on Amazon
                                              
                                            click here>>> http://amzn.to/1oki1qR 

             





No comments:

Post a Comment