Friday, September 14, 2012

What happens in Vegas... and some inspiration as well

Wow! What a long yet exciting two weeks! A week in Las Vegas at Photoshop World 2012 certainly took it's toll on me! I was super busy the entire time working with Westcott, Canon, Adobe and Netherlands fashion photographer Frank Dorhoff. It was truly a blast. I still cannot believe at times the opportunities that have opened up to me over the past several years. I preach positive thinking all of the time... how you should never take your mind off of your dreams, I talk about never giving up and I really DO believe in all of that. That is not to say that actually seeing it all come to fruition is not surreal. I have been on somewhat of a euphoric high this week and when you add that to coming back into my own time zone after 6 days it's no wonder I got knocked on my fanny! When I am gone for any length of time at all I come back to oodles of clients wanting to see me, my 3 little munchkins starving for my attention and this time I returned to an offer for a new business venture. (That I graciously accepted of course) My book will be out in a little over a month, so I figured it was time to accept a new project. (more to come on that later, but it was an offer I could not refuse!) Someone please pinch me. :)

Okay so enough of my ridiculous jibber jabber, it's starting to sound too boastful for my taste. (That's what excitement sounds like I suppose.) Time for some humbling stuff.

When I woke up to Facebook this morning I had a nice little note on my timeline, and I must honestly say that it warmed my heart and sincerely meant SO much to me! An old friend from high school who reconnected with me via Facebook after spending quite a few years in prison reached out to me several months ago. He apparently watched my posts which tend to be uplifting and positive and asked for my phone number. He needed a friend and an ear. We have talked a few times, typically when he was having difficulty and I have encouraged him to keep battling his demons. He is a great guy with many great qualities and despite what people who judge him for his wrongs may think, he deserves a second chance on life. We ALL do in my opinion, and sometimes even a third or forth.

Don't we ALL screw up? Don't we ALL make bad calls and fall on our faces? Of course we do... and what if there was nobody there to pick us up or lend a hand when we needed it? I guess I do this without hesitation because many times in my life I was in need of that hand, that friend, that ear and never really had it. My mistakes were different ones than his, but the bottom line is that I have been there. I want everyone to take a second and think about a time in your life when you needed someone and had nobody to turn to. Do you remember how you felt? Hopeless, scared, angry, hurt? How about alone? I want you to think of that next time someone you know or someone you "virtually know" via Facebook  posts something that indicates they need someone... reach out to them, sincerely lend an ear, a few positive words or words of wisdom, or hell... lay it all out and let them know you have been there too. I can promise you that if and when you do this, one day it will be returned to you ten-fold. Just like that sweet message he left me on my timeline today. It honestly made my day! <3 p="p">

 Thanks to my friend for letting me know I mean something, YOU rock!


This was his message to me:
Hey you, just wanted to tell you how great of a person you are. Our conversations have helped me more than you can imagine. Keep putting off that positve energy and know you are loved, Chuck P.


And because of his heartfelt message, I was inspired to write a new quote which I pasted onto a picture I took from the plane on the way home from Las Vegas last week. 
Pay it forward.... ALWAYS!


No comments:

Post a Comment