Thursday, February 14, 2013

To EVERYONE, even single's on Valentines Day!

Today,  February 14th ... officially defined as a day to celebrate love with the one you're with.... hmmm well how about if you are not "with" anyone? Does this mean you are supposed to ignore this wonderful day of chocolate, confection and flowers? I THINK NOT!

I was single on many Valentine's days and I must admit there were a few when I felt sorry for myself and ba-humbugged the stupid day of "LOVE", it made me feel like a worthless, good-for-nobody person and well, quite frankly it was depressing to feel devalued! It was not necessary, nor was it true. I was VERY VALUABLE and if you are not "with" someone today SO ARE YOU! It is ridiculous to think otherwise. Just as so many situations, society plague's us with devaluing who we are if we are not "up to par" or if we are single, without kids or divorced.

I love my children, especially when they laugh and do cute things and wow me with their wonderment, I love that I have enough money to survive, food on my table and a heart as big as Texas. I love that I have a wonderful family that loves and cares for me as much as I love and care for them. Although my pets have passed away, I loved every moment I had with them. I love my career because I get to make people feel beautiful and handsome and that is very rewarding. I love the smell of fresh cut grass on a warm summer day, the look of snow on a mountain top, and the sound of ocean waves hitting the sandy shore. I love that I have had people in my life that mean a lot and recognize that ALL the people that crossed my path meant something.

So.... on this day which was originally a Christian holiday; now commercialized by retail stores, I offer  this.... if you are true to yourself, if you love yourself, if you have friends, family or animals that love you, or things that you love,then today is a day to celebrate that. If you have none of those things then you are still good WHY? Well like it or not, believe it or not, GOD loves each and every one of us.

Have an amazing day and go buy yourself some chocolate and flowers!! 

Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɪɴᴅ; ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ɴᴏᴛ ᴇɴᴠʏ ᴏʀ ʙᴏᴀsᴛ; ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʀʀᴏɢᴀɴᴛ ᴏʀ ʀᴜᴅᴇ. Iᴛ ᴅᴏᴇs ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴsɪsᴛ ᴏɴ ɪᴛs ᴏᴡɴ ᴡᴀʏ; ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ɪʀʀɪᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏʀ ʀᴇsᴇɴᴛғᴜʟ; ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇs ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴊᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢᴅᴏɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ʀᴇᴊᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ. Lᴏᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴀʀs ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢs, ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇs ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢs, ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢs, ᴇɴᴅᴜʀᴇs ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢs. Lᴏᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇɴᴅs. 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

xoxo
~Shells~

No comments:

Post a Comment