Monday, February 4, 2013

Chasing the Rainbow Instead of the Stars...

I often wonder how many people aim at the wrong things in life. Over the course of my life, I have chased the wrong thing more times than I want to admit.  Granted... I know the experiences were meant for the better good and they ultimately formed who I am, but that does not mean I am any less curious as to what would have happened if I had paid more attention along the way. I think of all the times I thought I knew what I needed, or wanted only to discover later that I was WAY off base. I was out chasing rainbows and ignoring the stars that were twinkling all around me. Rainbows were "prettier" they had a more colorful story, but the stars had more meaning, more substance, they were constant and presented them selves more frequently. Yes... I am of course speaking metaphorically here... 

It's all about the chase, the game, the looks, the body, the face, the clothes, the status; or is it?
I used to think so, just like many people do and because of that we miss opportunities to build relationships with real people, with real substance, with true intelligence, real feelings and strong emotions that we need. We want the trophy wives, the jock boyfriends, the fancy cars and luxury parties but seem to forget what may be left if all that is suddenly stripped away.

I have certainly changed, I have grown up and realized what is truly important and I am SO thankful that I have experienced what I had to in order to discover this realization. I have peace within me and I know that my happiness depends on one person, one place, one thing; that person is ME that place is my heart and that thing is my mind.

Enjoy exploring who YOU truly are, do it each and every day!
XOXO
~Shells~


No comments:

Post a Comment