Saturday, March 2, 2013

He Who Has the Last Laugh Dies Happy!

Hey Everyone! Happy Weekend! My post tonight is a little different; I typically blog about serious stuff that is deep... you know, the stuff that makes you question where you are in life, why you are there and what you can do if you want to change it. However... once in a while, I am in the mood to be my light-hearted, funny, free-spirited and spontaneous self; lucky for you, tonight is one of those nights. I have had a few hiccups in my path this week, so I have done everything I could to make myself laugh and not let people's negative behavior's rub off on me. After all you gotta do whatcha' gotta do right?

Earlier this week, I re-posted a really funny photo that a friend of mine had on her Facebook wall. It made me laugh hysterically even though I had seen it before because being the creative person I am, I related to it more than I can even explain. It has quite honestly made me laugh all week because I keep scrolling back on my own wall to look at it! I have a daughter in 5th grade right now who is also super creative and she too struggles with Math all of the time... ESPECIALLY when it comes to word problems. These things just NEVER make sense to me... okay maybe 1 out of 10 make sense, but even then it's debatable, I can think of much more productive and useful ways to teach a child logic and problem solving. 

Here was the post that made me laugh:


I have decided that I am going to print this one out along with some others I have seen, put them in a frame and hang them up in my house just like I do motivational quotes for those days when I just need to laugh. We all need to laugh... sometimes it's the only quick remedy for loneliness, depression, sadness, anger and boredom. I think I have said things like this in a past posts, probably during a tough week just as I have had this week. I likely wrote the blog to not only make you laugh; perhaps I needed it to. It's part of coming out of a funk... getting your mind in the right place and just feeling free. (okay, there I go getting deep again) 

I hope your week went better than mine... I am being tested this week for sure but I know I will come out stronger. It has been another example that people are not always as they seem and that many are only out for themselves. (I already knew that)  I am so happy this "aint my first rodeo"; I am a well prepared engine that could and will fight if I need to. The great thing is that I can still laugh, I can still be free of worry and I can keep going simply because I am built to last and I know who to thank for that! 

Have an awesome night, a wonderful weekend, and I will see you again next week! 
XOXO 
~Shells~

Until then, here are a few more laughs:










No comments:

Post a Comment