Sunday, March 31, 2013

He Died For Me... An Easter Message


Today, as I sit at my computer screen just before going to church, I thought about the true meaning of today. I wasn't thinking about the eater bunny, colored eggs or a basket filled with goodies. I tried to imagine what it would be like to sacrifice one of my 4 beautiful children, how it would feel and the pain I would endure allowing one of them to die for the sake of another person; to wonder if I could do this. I cannot wrap my brain around the thought of it, even knowing that I would have 3 left, I just don't think I could do it.

I cannot imagine giving up MY child to save another person because my instinct as a mother; and I have said it a million times... would be to do ANYTHING to save my child. Although it is what comes natural and what is expected, I realize how selfish it actually is. When I thought about this, it really put into perspective how great my God really is. How selfless and wonderful and loving He truly is. I have never really put myself in his place... to try and imagine what it would be like to do what he did for us, but now that I have it has changed me even more. It has brought me closer to something that I once could not feel, picture, or even believe in.

On this Easter Sunday... even if you do not recognize it for the same reasons that I do... try to imagine for a moment... allowing your ONLY child, or your ONLY animal if you don't have a child to DIE in order to save someone else. Would you, could YOU DO IT?



Have a Wonderful Day
xoxo
~Shells~

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment