Monday, October 28, 2013

Starting Your Week off Right Part 2

WOW! What an incredible night it was at Amazing Love Ministries in Ybor city. As I served food to the homeless and people who have fallen on hard times, I laughed with them, delivered smiles and complimented them as they came through the line. Brandee Nielsen Smith, Dondy Lance, and Stacy Rush's voices brought these people to their feet during the praise and worship service outside on this beautiful night. At one point I got a whole table to stand and dance to the worship music going on, it was AWESOME and filled my heart up with joy. I witnessed pure love and beauty in human hearts tonight and was so happy to have been a part of it. A big shout out to Brandee Smith and her husband Ralph founders of BICF (Believe in Christ Foundation) for this opportunity to serve our community.

It's so amazing what happens when you are surrounded by people who share the same passions as you... no matter what the setting. Whether I am around passionate hair stylists, makeup artists, writers or people of faith who are sharing their stories of overcoming failure, addiction, and tremendous adversity in order to help others find their way, I am ALWAYS amazed at the feeling I get... goosebumps ALL over! It helps me love and appreciate what I have been through even more and solidifies that I am FINALLY on the right path. I am living out my ultimate dreams in every aspect of my life right now, and October has been a truly incredible month for me.

To wrap up tonight's session I will ask you these questions... Why do you do the things that you do? Is it to help others? Is it to help yourself? Do you ever give of your time selflessly so that someone else can gain something from that time? I encourage you all to reach inside of yourselves GIVE, TEACH, and OFFER your time just for the sake of another person's gain, it doesn't take money to give. Something truly amazing happens inside when you do this; only experiencing it can begin to explain how it feels, so just DO IT!

Hope you had an amazing day! Here are some of the pictures from tonight.

On my way to the event the sun was shining so pretty on my head
   
I will call this picture God's light... because it was an incredible accident. 
All you see is my necklace and earring surrounded by this amazing sunburst.

On my way, I missed my exit because I got wrapped up in thoughts and when I got off at the next exit to turn around I saw this... I would say um, ON PURPOSE!  


Picnic tables were filled with people eating and listening to the Amazing Love Choir

The shirts our Believe in Christ Foundation team wore spreading our message



If you did not read part 1 of this blog post click here

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Get a copy of my inspirational memoir 

No comments:

Post a Comment