Monday, October 28, 2013

Starting Your Week off Right Part 1

BLAH BLAH BLAH... YES! It's MONDAY and if you keep up that moaning your week will be off to a great start won't it? EXACTLY, so stop the complaining now and be thankful you woke up, have a job, have kids to get ready for school, can brew coffee and all the rest of the things that are really good about today. It gets redundant when every single Monday, Facebook lights up with moaner's and woe is me-er's, it's really depressing which is why I eventually customized my news feed to only see what my positive friend's post. (Same reason I don't watch the news, television or read trash mags.) I know, I am weird but from where I am standing weird looks pretty good in comparison, so I will stay right where I am in my own little world. When things get gray in here, I read a book, talk to a friend or write a blog post and miraculously I get out of my funk and press on.

Now... go look in the mirror, 
SMILE, WINK 
and say 
GOOD MORNING YOU SEXY BEAST! 
(GO DO IT ... NO KIDDING)

Hopefully you did it and hopefully it made you feel silly or ridiculous; 
because both of those things will help lift your mood. 
If you didn't do it then do it after you finish reading will ya? I can't help if you won't play along!




So.... this week is a BUSY week for me. (surprise surprise) I have hair clients, photo shoots, paperwork, pumpkin carving with my kids, people to make pretty for Halloween, neighborhood trick or treating and my daughter's 12th birthday party on Saturday. I hope to squeeze in some writing time and a little rest in there too. However what I am MOST excited about is how I am starting my week off on this awesome Monday. Tonight, I am participating in a night of giving to those in need at the 3rd annual BICF (Believe in Christ Foundation) Meet n-Greet instead of Trick Or Treat along with singer-songwriter Brandee Nielson, her husband Ralph and many others who are donating their time to make a difference in the lives of others. This will be my first year being involved in this particular event so I am not quite sure what to expect, but what I do know is that every time I have the opportunity to give of myself to those in need, I do, and I always unexpectedly walk away with more than what I gave; it's so cool!  I have found that the easiest way for me to get in the mood for the holiday's is to do something for those who have less than me...this was especially true when I barley had enough money to buy for my own family. It truly put into perspective how blessed I was to have the life that I did, even when I did not think my life was anything that anyone else would want.


I am going to keep this short because I will be writing more about my experience either tonight or tomorrow and  posting some pictures along with, but do me a favor okay? Start this Monday off right. Say a proper good morning to yourself and your family, be thankful for the life that you have, set goals and take action in order to live the life that you want and then go out and do something or say something nice to a stranger, I guarantee it will help you have an amazing week! Ciao! See you again soon!

NOW CLICK SHARE !
XOXO
~SHELLS~



Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Get a copy of my inspirational memoir 

No comments:

Post a Comment