Monday, August 27, 2012

Take it to the Limit....

There have been many times in my life when I felt like I could not stand one more blow, it seemed I had gotten caught up in a whirlwind of challenges left with no way out. Swallowed up by defeat, wanting to cry, scream, throw something or all of the above. We have all been there, some give up while others prevail despite our initial response to throw in the towel. There is a trick to standing tough, and it took years for me to discover it.

How many times have you been stressed by situations that you could do nothing about? When a situation occurs that you cannot change no matter how hard you try, leave it alone and don't waste your time or energy worrying, in time it will work itself out. We stress about news that we hear on TV (it's why I don't watch it) we stress about things we cannot fix, change or make happen. Have you ever looked at your bank account and said to yourself, "How in the world will I make it through this month?" I know I have; being self employed my money comes in waves but the bills show up the same time every month regardless of what kind of month I have had, and it can be stressful... no doubt about that. So... what do you do when this happens? Are you doing everything you can to make ends meet? Could you work more hours, market your services with letters or fliers? Could you find another stream of part- time income? Could you cut back on expenses? There is always a way, but giving up is not on the list of options. Giving up will keep you in the hole, stuck in that rut, with no way out.

I have many streams of income, and am always open to adding more as long as minimal time is required. I find time to make things happen; it's how I am wired, it's all I know. I know lots of people that have been given opportunities and turned up their nose saying that it's "not for them" I walk away thinking... how do you know until you TRY?

I have learned to pay attention to what matters, tackle the necessities, do my best not worry about the things I cannot fix, I take time to laugh, smile, appreciate what I have, give to others when I can, and push myself when I hit a wall. You must take it to the limit every chance you get; defeat is not a solution to anything.

PUSH yourself, BELIEVE in yourself, BE yourself

xoxo 
~Shells~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment