Saturday, January 26, 2013

What if???? Part 1

Many times I have been asked, "How do you do it Shelley? How do you wake up with a smile and a positive attitude when you have been through so much?" For a long time... that peace, that smile was not always there. I woke up stressed because I felt out of control; and I was. I had no choice but to keep going, I was a single mom with kids that depended on me... so I would tuck my tail between my legs and get through it, but it was not always with a smile, in fact I felt like a victim and I was angry. I carried the weight of a thousand worlds on my shoulders... and it slowed me down. So, what changed me? Before I answer this question I want to preface it by saying this... when you have nothing left in you, the only thing you are left with is hope.

Hope is something that was lost for me, faith had disappeared for many years... but the grace of God forced both back into my life. You see, I did not change me... my experiences changed me and these experiences were presented in my life because I had a purpose and in order to see that purpose, I had to travel through a few storms. We are not promised an easy road, we are promised greater things if we follow a certain path. Many of you may not have the same beliefs as I do... and I am totally okay with that, I don't judge other people for their beliefs... never have, never will. I am just sharing with you what changed me, what allowed me peace and happiness that I never would have felt otherwise, and if you want that, perhaps this story will help you.

Tonight... I will share with you one of my favorite songs. I still remember the first time I heard it. I was driving down the road having a not so good day, I was doubting everything and everyone. I tuned in to my local contemporary Christian station in hopes of hearing something that would lift my spirits.  Within minutes this song came on. I had to pull over as I listened to the words because it was the most powerful song I had ever heard and exactly what I needed to hear at that very moment and a flood of tears overcame me. This song changed me... the words of this song ran through me and erased fear of what I did not know. It gave me an inner peace and helped me understand my purpose in life and soon after this I began writing my book. Now, when I am in my car you can bet that 9 out of 10 times if my radio is on, that station is playing and if for one minute that smile leaves my face, this type of music  always brings it back. I still have not so good days, but remembering the words of this song helps me feel differently about those days. My hope in sharing it is that perhaps it will do the same for you.

I hope you listen and I hope you enjoy... there is more to this story next week. 
Tune in for part 2 on Monday.

This is the song

xoxo
~Shells~

No comments:

Post a Comment