Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Favorite Inspirational Quote...

The other day, I was asked by a fan/friend what my favorite quote was, this was a tough one to answer. I LOVE inspirational quotes and have SOOOO many favorites! As I dug through my brain I tried to think of ones that I constantly work into my life, ones that change how I look at my "every day." So after mulling over this for about 5 minutes, I decided on one that I look at every single day;

"Be careful what you set your mind to 
for you will surely achieve it!"
 Napoleon Hill

This quote is written at the top of a list of quotes that I wrote on a dry erase board which hangs on a wall in my kitchen. Maybe you are thinking... "the kitchen is an odd place to have quotes" I say, "yeah not in my house." I spend a lot of time in that room... HELLO? With a  family of 5, the kitchen and the laundry room are my MOST frequently used rooms in the house!

I truly do everything I can to live by this one. It keeps me focused, pushes the negative things that happen to me to the back of my mind, and really puts into perspective what keeps most people from succeeding, achieving and living a life they dream of. I find it pretty powerful.

How often do we focus on the negative things?


  • Can't pay my bills
  • My car won't start
  • Groceries cost too much
  • I need to lose weight
  • I hate my job/lost my job
  • My kids annoy me
  • I want a divorce
  • "The Economy"

Does focusing on those things put you in a good mood? Does focusing on these things HELP you come up with SOLUTIONS? No... in fact, focusing on the negative things will likely keep you getting more of the same. Perhaps you are rolling your eyes right now; that's okay maybe this blog is not for you; maybe it's too positive and you would rather stay swimming in the negative pool. Buh- Bye. However, my hope is that it will make you think, to make you think about what you are THINKING of every day when you wake up. If it does that and this sinks in JUST a little bit, perhaps you can get over that hill you are climbing. That's my goal and I am sticking to it. (By the way, just in case you didn't know when I set goals, I typically achieve them) 

So as I close I ask you this one simple question: 

What kind of thoughts will you allow to overcome your mind and start off your morning, your day, your week?  

Tonight's blog was brought to you by a question asked by my friend Shellie Moravcik. 
It was short and sweet and to the point. I hope you will read my favorite quote over and over again, maybe print it out and hang it in YOUR kitchen or on your mirror, and maybe... just maybe it will change the way you wake up each day.


Oh the THINKS you can THINK if only you try! 
Dr. Seuss

Have a great night!
xoxo
~Shells~









2 comments:

  1. Great post!Unfortunately we set our minds on negative things more passionately than we do about our dreams and goals. And this is why negative things keep on coming and we keep thinking about them etc...It is a vicious circle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rylie... it is much harder to stay positive. I have made small changes in life (that most people find are big changes) that help me keep the negative at bay. Thanks for your feedback! I LOVE feedback! ;)

    ReplyDelete