Monday, April 15, 2013

ROCK THIS MONDAY

This morning I keep saying to myself... "Breathe, breathe... you will get it all done."  I have NEVER been on a 12 day trip and I am starting to lose my head a bit. I worked all weekend which left me no time to gather my thoughts, or my clothes or anything for that matter and of course, regardless of having to go on this trip I still have three kids at home that starve for attention, laundry to consume my time, dinner, lunch and baths etc etc etc.






Being that my mother is so awesome and helpful, she offered to take Abrielle for the weekend to make things easier, but then had to inform me yesterday afternoon that she was sick... no school for her today; and I just added a trip to the doctor to my list just in case it's more than a nasty virus. (can't leave your child for 12 days not knowing if she will need more than hugs and rest) Isn't it funny how wrenches are thrown at you when you REALLY don't need it? See, I am not immune!




As I trickle down my to do list this morning I am trying to keep my mind focused; a hard thing to do when I have this many things going through my head. I will take a few deep breaths to calm my fluttering nerves, stick to my list to keep me organized and sip a cup of coffee for... well just because I want it. Now all I need is chocolate and the day will be even brighter.

I have a lot to look forward to and to be thankful for despite my feelings of minor anxiety that I will forget something important, like my underwear (I better pack those first!) I know I can do this... I know I will get it done, somehow, some way. I WILL tackle this list and I will do it in time to relax a bit tonight.
(that's my mantra/self talk for the day)

As you start your week today, what will your mantra be? Will it be something like...  "I will make the most of my day" or " I will not let negative thoughts consume me" or perhaps it will be something simple like "I will wake up with a smile every day"  Whatever it is, have a mantra, have something that you say to yourself or keep your mind on that is positive each and every day. Play it in your head or say it out loud like a recorded message the moment negative or stressful things start to creep into your day, I do it ALL of the time, "self-talk" is one of my secrets and it really WORKS!

I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN! I KNOW I CAN!

NOW GO ROCK THIS MONDAY AND DON'T LOOK BACK!

XOXO
~SHELLS~

No comments:

Post a Comment