Sunday, April 8, 2012

When People Can't Be Happy For You

First of all, I want to say that I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend regardless whether or not you celebrate Easter. Corey and I spent the entire weekend putting the new house together and it was tiring yet really fun. We are both the type that want it all set up as soon as possible so we were on a mission for sure!

My blog tonight is a simple one with a strong message and it was triggered of course by something that happened to me over the past few days. I have been posting once a day on Facebook just to keep everyone abreast of things and unfortunately by doing so I ruffled someone's feathers and she let it be known by posting commentary on my wall. Yes, I could have de-friended her or deleted the comments but I am not 12 so acting like I was would be silly. Bottom line is that not everyone is going to be happy when you are doing well... and I have learned to accept that. Jealousy is a crazy thing and when people are miserable they want you with them.

I have gotten where I am not because I care about what others think... but through TONS of bad decisions, hurdles which I have jumped, getting up after falling on my face and staying determined and motivated simply because I had goals. I have accomplished quite a bit despite the troubles along the way, but am certainly not where I intend to be in the end. Bad choices lead to good lessons, but you HAVE to learn or it was not worth the trouble of making them.

In order to change your life you must change who you are, you must grow through your mistakes become a better person and make better choices. Put the past behind you but let the lessons from it guide you to the future. It is up to YOU to make your life different, nobody can be blamed for your shortcomings... everyone has circumstances that are not ideal but in order to overcome you must look at YOURSELF square in the face and say "what can I DO to change who I am and where I am?" Until you ask yourself these questions and be truly honest in answering them, you will never change your direction, so I hope you like where you are!

"Mistakes teach you the lesson but  only learning the lesson can guide you to a new beginning." ©2012ShelleyGiard

xoxo
~Shells~




No comments:

Post a Comment