Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Floats My Boat? Well.... this does!

I have to laugh at my title... because the other day I thought I would try something different to help me put together a fun blog post by posting the question "what floats your boat?" on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/shelleygiard hoping to get some funny answers. It kind of bombed; although a few people did respond (all guys might I add...oh and one woman). And although not what I was expecting (two of them said water) I did get a few laughs, but it did not really help me with my blog idea. SOOOO... now I have to wing it on my own so here it goes!

What floats my boat... translation, what excites me? Gets my engine revving, my juices flowing my creativity in WILD mode and well just simply what do I live for? I know, it's a BROAD and loaded question and so are my answers, so here they are.


I live for great weather; you know, the kind of day that you wake up, walk outside to feel the crisp breeze on your face while simultaneously being bathed in the warmth of  the sunshine?

I love laughter, it makes stressful things go away for that moment, it is great exercise for the tummy region, and because it forces a beautiful smile onto anyone who encounters it.

I love to read great memoirs, stories of beating adversity, and non-fiction books that give me knowledge I wish I could have had the patience to obtain degrees for. I also love to read success coaching books and self-help books because I am always trying to become a better person.

I love my kids, family, and friends... they mean EVERYTHING to me because I know what it's like to miss my kids, lose a family member and have no friends.

 I love when someone tells me I can't do something just so I can prove them wrong by doing it.

I love a passionate kiss... ( and that's all I have to say on that topic)

I love a good competition but don't care if I win... I love it for the purpose of pushing myself to my limit and the feeling I get when that happens.

I love strong hugs and stronger hand shakes.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass, coconut, vanilla, and rain.

I love thunderstorms and snow.

I love writing; it's therapeutic and invigorating and sometimes doing it reveals things trapped inside that you never knew were there.

I love people and enjoy talking to strangers.

I love REAL people, they make me smile and are always interesting.

I could go on and on and on about things that"float my boat" but have you gotten the point yet?

My point is... if you wake up thinking about what floats your boat perhaps you will have a positive day
because you are thinking only about things you love, want, and appreciate. How's that for a clever purpose? ;)

"Wake up thinking about how you will get your boat to float, not about the hole that will make it sink." ©2012ShelleyGiard

XOXO
~Shells~

This is a picture of a yacht I saw when vacationing at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas last year. 
When I saw the name of this boat I remember thinking "wow, that is the story of my life!"






No comments:

Post a Comment