Friday, July 13, 2012

Another Chapter in Life... Part 2

Continued from last nights blog ... PART 1

  You see, God has plans... BIG ones, for each and every person. The only people who get to realize these plans however, are those who accept that someone else may be in control and allow that "someone" to take over. I can honestly say that I have a had more than a few "heavy hitters" in my life. You know, those times when I had tried everything I knew to try (I always have to do it MY way first), and still had not reached my goal? When this happened I gave it up... to the big man upstairs because I had nothing left. When you are at your wits end, He is the only one that can help. In fact, he often brings you to your lowest places so that you can learn something, and so that you have no choice but to "give up" so he can take the wheel. I don't care how faithful you are... I have friends from all walks of life, all genders, all religions, and all sexual preferences, but when a person is at the bottom of their rope almost everyone will pray or ask their friends to pray for them. I guess God is kind of like the military... he has to break you down in order to build you up; and lucky for us, His way is less abusive.


  Here I was, thinking that my prayers were being answered because my studio became a reality so quickly. I was feeling good and thought that the life I had come to know would soon change for the better; and... it did, just not the way "I" had planned. At twenty weeks, I found out that my unborn child would have Down syndrome and with this news I finally connected with my pregnancy. I suppose that motherly "protective" instinct kicked in and I realized that God was not finished with me yet. What had felt like a curse, quickly turned into a blessing and I knew there was a solid purpose behind it. Over the next two months I paid a lot of attention, I set goals and made plans. Part of that plan was to rid my life of the toxic things around me... and that meant a divorce. 7 months pregnant with three other children at home, I asked my husband to leave. It was no secret that our marriage was not a healthy one, and since he was not willing to do what was necessary to make it better it had to end for the sake of my children. As parents, we are responsible for teaching our children right from wrong... I was not going to have them grow up thinking that this was was the "right" kind of relationship. I knew it would be a tough road but my road up to that point had not been easy and I survived, and knew I would survive this too.


  So... Canvas continued on, and just two and a half weeks after my daughter Abrielle was born I went back to work. It has been a great place. Giving my clients a true one on one experience has been awesome,  there was no more "salon drama" and that added happiness to my life as well. Opening it was such a pivotal moment in my life, and it is really sad to close it up and relocate. However, the past two and a half years have been amazing; a total turn around in every way and it is really exciting.

As I turn the corner to this new chapter in life, I feel good... positive and grateful. I have grown a lot, learned a lot and prayed a lot. I must say that although I am so content I have a feeling He has more in store for me; which leaves me anxious to see what that is! 


I know that this gift was well worth the experience!



Enjoy your weekend everyone... I won't be back to blogging until Monday!
XOXO
~Shells~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment