Monday, July 2, 2012

We All Fall Down... CONTROL YOUR FEED!

 We all have our breaking point no matter how positive we are, feeling broken down and falling on your face a time or two... or three is inevitable. I remember a time in my life when I felt like I struggled from one day to the next, like a cloud was hovering over dumping rain on a daily basis and I literally felt there was no sunshine ahead to look forward to. These moments are crucial ones because what you do with them will determine if you ever see that rainbow, yet mentally it is hard to pull away from all that is happening long enough to get a clear head. I decided to share a couple of my little "secrets" if you will call it that. It is my way of keeping the negative things around me from swallowing me up like the whale did Jonah.


Secret # 1... I read. I read positive thinking books, inspiring stories of triumph and overcoming obstacles, I read the book of Acts or the book of Proverbs in the bible for insightful words that may help me get through  till the next day. Fueling your mind with positive, meaningful, forward thinking thoughts will help you hone in on what really matters.... and that is NOT what is happening but simply WHAT you are going to do about it. There is a solution to every problem, but in order to find it you must think more about the solution and less  about the problem. 

Some of my favorite books are ones that I read over and over again... I pull them out sometimes just to read a chapter or two when I am having a "lull" kind of day. It may be a good story about overcoming adversity or it may be a book about how to become a better leader, friend or partner, and sometimes just a simple laugh from a good joke will do it. No matter what I choose, I am reading something that will take my mind off the negative and even if I only have time to read a few sentences it is the best kind of "mind switch" I can think of, and it WORKS!


Secret # 2... Are there any Facebook fans out there? Do you control your feed? We have been given the tools to do this and although many people hated the changes they made to our "old facebook" I was elated that I could finally filter what I saw every morning when I woke up to read status updates with my coffee. We all have "negatroids" in our lives, the Debbie downer's and the fickle Fred's that we love dearly but have the need to determine whether or not we have the "energy" to talk to them. You know what I am talking about... don't lie. Those few people that when you see their name on the caller ID, you have to stop and ask yourself "do I have time for this conversation because I know it will not be a positive one." Perhaps they simply complain all of the time, or maybe they just have a very negative lifestyle or swim in the drama pool a bit too much and always need your advice that they never follow anyway. We MUST control the time we share with them yet still be their friend as long as their negativity is not geared at us in an abusive way. Control your feed, because if you are a fan of status updates like me... you likely wake up to facebook and it's contents start your day. Highlight the friends that have a positive attitude... the ones that will get your engines revved up in a good way. That alone can change the way you start your day and it will likely carry over hour after hour. 


It is in most of our nature's to care about people, to have compassion when something is going wrong in their lives. However, when you surround yourself with problems it is easy to get sucked into the black hole of negativity, it is stressful and stress will kill you (not to mention it causes wrinkles,weight gain and sleep deprivation.) Add some instant rays of sunshine... go through your friends and kindly "unsubscribe" 
(not un-friend) the ones who leave you feeling stressed or yucky and fill your feed with HAPPY! ;) 




May today be amazing and tomorrow be more of the same!

Need a few laughs?


taken from:
(http://www.onelinerz.net/top-100-funny-one-liners/2/)


Children: We spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then we spend the next 16 years telling them to sit down and shut-up.

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea... does that mean that the other one enjoys it?


Need a daily dose of positive thinking?

taken from:

"Since forward motion requires movement; when you are stuck and need a push, read something that will motivate you, that's what I do!" ©shelley giard 2012

"Solutions to problems will only transpire when you take your mind off of what you DON'T want and think only of what you DO want. Change your situation by focusing on the right things." ©2012 Shelley Giard

"A quiet mind can bring you many thoughts... it is when those thoughts are put into action that pivotal moments become inevitable" ©2012 Shelley Giard


Want to watch something inspiring?

taken from:

A video called 
DETERMINATION


Never Never Never GIVE UP!
xoxo
~Shells~







No comments:

Post a Comment