Sunday, May 20, 2012

ALWAYS Mixing Business With Pleasure ;)

Now that I have grabbed your attention, I have to say that I truly & wholeheartedly believe in the title of this post. Whoever came up with the saying "don't mix business with pleasure" obviously hated their job and was probably terribly unsuccessful. Perhaps the person should have been more specific in their "quote", because I mix business with pleasure EVERY SINGLE DAY; it is one of the many reasons life is so happy for me. I LOVE my job, I am passionate about it, and that is priceless. I have blogged many times on how to improve your life and be a happier you... and one of the first things I HIGHLY recommend is to find pleasure in the business of what you do, and if you can't... do something else. I can't say it enough.

I spent the last two days working with an amazing team creating content for an online magazine. 12 beautiful models, a fabulous photographer, the magazine owner and production manager. It was a great two days and a solid reminder of how much I love what I do and how valuable that is. If I did not have to pay bills I would totally do it for free and that is the God's honest truth. Everyone has a passion, and somehow you CAN make a living feeding it if you want it bad enough and work hard to get it. Risk is something that you have to face to reap rewards worth talking about. I am sure Donald Trump has taken his share of risks and likely failed a few times, but when you live with no regrets life is always better.

I am posting TWO blogs tonight because I came up with two ideas, so this one is my short and sweet one that is likely a different delivery of stuff I have said before. However repetition is the key to making something sink in so I will say it again...


"Do what you love or find love in what you do!" Shelleygiard©2012

xoxo
~Shells~

PS> I also mixed business with pleasure in the way the quote was talking about and found a great guy because of it! I say TRUMP that saying altogether!

Here is a quick look at what mixing business with pleasure over the past few years have looked like for me



















No comments:

Post a Comment