Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Bridge Between Your Passions and Living Your Dreams

Everyone has a passion and some... like me, have many. If I could clone myself, I could live out all of my dreams at once and likely find a few more to take on, but since that science experiment did not make the cut I am stuck trying to live them one at a time. That keeps me in forward motion and that is never a bad thing. I make lists... lots of them and within those lists are sub-lists almost like an outline in a sense of how to make things happen. Call it weird, call it anal retentive, call it nuts... but I will tell you that it works. There is something about writing things down and putting it where you can see it every day that gets your mind into high gear for accomplishment. I am sure that I have preached this in prior blogs but preaching makes perfect... or practice makes perfect... or repetition makes perfect ... or all of the above really, so either live with my redundant nature or stop reading my blogs. The end.

The bridge between your passions and living your dreams is.... drum-roll please..... YOU! It's not the lack of money or time, it's not your friend's opinion, or the opinion of anyone else for that matter, and it's certainly not anyone else's actions that keep you from bridging the gap; it's YOU... your decisions, your choices, your feelings, your fears, and YOUR shortcomings that leave the gap open. Want to close it? Ahem... then work on YOU!  Yeah, I know.... reading self help books and diving into self discovery can be a grueling scary adventure and you would rather slit your wrists and poor alcohol in the wound than to be honest with yourself about your faults, but it's the only way you can improve your life.

Let's face it, watching television is NOT going to improve your life TRUST ME! I was roped in to watching some television with my sweetie last night (which I did not mind since it offered me some downtime and couch cuddling) however, I could not help but to be amused at the commercials. My conclusion is that if you watch too much TV, all you will gain is the need to buy a car you can't afford, get trapped in debt buying furniture that you will never pay off in the 1 year no-interest period, feel the need to be medicated for everything you THINK is wrong with you, devour food that will give you a heart attack and clog your colon and realize that your life is very boring compared to all of those that you are watching. This puts you into a downward spiral of all the things wrong with your life, can you say depressing? Luckily... as I watched TV last night instead of my brain shutting off, I had a brilliant idea for an app to create, and thought of something else to blog about next week. Nope, I am not normal... you read that disclosure and you still drink the Kool-aid so don't blame me!


I hope that you dive deep into who you are, what you want, and what YOU can do to make it all happen. I have been "trapped" in situations that I needed to get out of, I have wanted things I never thought I could get... and I accomplished my goals by making lists. I had the determination to get more out of life; I wanted it bad enough to do whatever it took, and that is how I approach everything now.  You want more? GO get it. Will it be easy, quick and painless? No! But neither is having a child and it's the most amazing thing in the world.  


You truly can do anything you want; where there is a will there is a way and if faith is on your side... well, then ANYTHING is possible.


"When you want something that you think you will never get, make a list of the things that would have to happen in order for it to become a reality; that is your plan. Begin tackling each item on the list one by one. Don't let the lack of money be the obstacle that stops you because EVERYONE can do something else part time to earn more money, you have God given talents... use them. If you aren't willing to do whatever it takes to check off items on the list then you simply don't want it bad enough." ©2012ShelleyGiard


xoxo
~Shells~



No comments:

Post a Comment