Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Finding Hope...

Have you ever felt that hope was the hardest thing to find when you need it the most? Yeah? Okay well... join the crowd. Haven't you ever heard that nothing comes easy in life that is worth it? I have and that is the very statement that gives me hope to just keeps going.

"NOTHING IN LIFE THAT COMES EASY IS WORTH IT... So you HAVE to keep going."

I did not have the need to ramble on tonight simply because the message is very clear but I figured that I could at least tell a personal story... a short one.


Excerpt from my book: https://www.facebook.com/INeedTheHappyEnding

"Three months out of high school I found out I was going to be a mother. All the goals and dreams I had in my head were destined to be crushed. I became part of a negative statistic and I did not like the way that felt. I was determined to never be what people expected me to be from that moment on. A "poor single mom trying to do the best she can in her situation" I did not want to be on welfare, food stamps or have to say no to my kids when I could not afford something they needed (not wanted). I wanted to change the stigma; nothing worth it comes easy, so I figured I must be getting something good in the end. I was able, so I lifted my chin and kept going; so glad I did.


xoxo
~Shells~




No comments:

Post a Comment