Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thankful I Had Today...

I intended on blogging about something completely different tonight, however after my 24 hour break from Facebook, I signed on to find out that a classmate of mine died this morning along with her 5 year old son in a house fire. My gears immediately switched into a different mind set.

Shirley Hill was an amazing person with a heart of gold, a smile that lit up a room and a laugh that was truly infectious. We were friends in school; and it was so sad to hear that she is gone and even more devastating that her youngest son passed away with her. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with those they left behind.

So often, we are quick to wake up and dread certain tasks that we are faced with, we shudder at the thought of the possibility of having a "bad day", but it is times like this that I thank God that I had today, despite anything negative or inconvenient that may have happened. I got to tuck my kids in and kiss them on the cheeks, relax on the couch, and goof off online; that can never be a bad thing in the grand scheme of things. As I go to sleep tonight, I will make a special request that this family find peace... as I know all too well what it is like to lose a loved one; it will be 31 years this August that my sister passed away. Kiss your loved ones and tell them thanks for being a part of your life and when you wake up tomorrow just know that it's one more day that you can appreciate and live to it's fullest potential.


Never under appreciate a breath of fresh air....
In loving Memory
~R.I.P~


2 comments:

  1. After losing my Daddy...I understand it all too well...Thanks for the reminder! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Carol! We all need reminders ;)

    ReplyDelete