Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Without Purpose You Are Broken"

Feeling a bit yucky, I took it easy for the past several days, swore off the internet (although I did check email and make a few random comments on Facebook) and now as I end the weekend, I decided this would be a great close to the week. "Without purpose you are broken." A great line from the movie Hugo, which Corey and I pulled up on Apple TV over the weekend. A fantastic movie which for me was all about having a goal, a purpose, a dream and achieving what your heart desires. The story of a young orphan boy who was fulfilling a goal his father was unable to accomplish and of a filmmaker whose dream-come-alive was later crushed by circumstances... then reborn; a movie which gives everyone who watches it something to think about. If you have not seen it I STRONGLY encourage you to watch it; and promise you will be moved or inspired or both... (if not... I am concerned with your state of mind...just sayin'.)

~PURPOSE~ we all have one. Some of you may not yet have discovered what it is, but we are all here for a reason, at least that is what I have always believed. Over several years as my passions became stronger; I discovered what I feel to be mine, and that is to do everything I can to encourage others to dream again, to live with purpose, to have hope that you can do anything or be anything that you want; despite what anyone else thinks or what odds you have against you. That is what I have done all of my adult life... through rain, sleet, snow and softball size hail...(metaphorically speaking of course) and it has not failed me yet. I may have fallen... but I have NOT failed, falling only lead me further down the path to where I want to end up. You only fail when you stop trying and give up, (not an option in my world.) In order to find your purpose you must ask yourself some questions. What do you want to define you as a person? What do you wish to leave behind when you are gone? What one thing fuels and excites you more than anything else? Within those questions you will find your answer.

SO....I continue to trek down this path which is called my life in pursuit of what it is I have set out to accomplish. Slowly, yet surely things are falling into place one by one and although I have not fully exhaled, I am allowing small bursts of air to escape my lips; through sheer excitement.

 I encourage you to stay determined long enough to accomplish whatever it is you hope to accomplish or die trying; in the end nobody can fault you for that. You can only be faulted for complaining all of the time and not taking action to change the things you are complaining about, for never setting goals or for not being a good role model for your children, for wandering around aimlessly watching and wishing you were someone else with a better, easier, more fulfilled life. GO GET the life you want! If you dream it, you can pursue it, and if you pursue it long enough you will get what you set out for... it's like gravity; it just happens. Find your purpose, fuel your passions, feed that desire and life will be good. Even if you never reach that highest point, the tales of your journey will be fascinating and wonderful and maybe even be inspiring to others.

My favorite line from the movie Hugo by far was the one below... read it over and over, let it sink in and then wake up every day thinking this way. I bet if you do life will never be the same!

"I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine... I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason." Hugo Cabret


xoxo 
~Shells~

No comments:

Post a Comment