Friday, February 24, 2012

Loyalty and Honesty Walk Hand In Hand...

Writers block. It's something that I have yet to experience but tonight I am drawing a complete blank. I am ravaged with anxiousness because my fingers want to type but my mind is like "DUH! watch TV, go to bed... give it a rest..." this makes me sad... really sad.  Holy cow!  UGH!

Wait! I know what I can write about! It just hit me. LOYALTY! Wow I love it! I was totally dumbfounded and then BAMMO just like that I quickly browsed my brainwaves thinking of the events of  today and came up with an idea. This is why I still sat down at my keyboard despite the block I was having thinking that if I just started babbling ( I am really good at that) I was bound to come up with something. And Voila! Here we go... Loyalty it is.

Simply put...
Loyalty: The state or quality of being loyal; faithfulness to commitments or obligations...



I have been a stylist for 21 years (cough)  and my business relies on loyalty, without it I could not survive... I would literally be eating Top Ramen three times a day if my clients were not loyal, not to mention how exhausting it would be trying to constantly find new ones. I am loyal to friends, I am loyal to service people that I trust and appreciate, I am loyal to my partner, my faith, and many many things... however I have learned that loyalty is something that some people just don't understand at all. Now, I am not saying that I have never been disloyal... I have; most everyone has, however as I have gotten older loyalty becomes more and more important to me on both the giving and receiving ends; a close second to honesty. By the time you reach my age, (38) (cough-cough) you should be grown up enough to appreciate the meaning of the two; and I have. Keeping "options open" and not telling the truth are just not acceptable behaviors at this point in my life, at least when it comes to certain things... it is decision making time; period... the end, and loyalty has a lot to do with decision making.

I am thankful for the people I have in my life; the loyalty in my friendships, and other relationships... the family, the love. I am truly blessed. Today I saw a client that I have not seen in about a year. Joyce has been like a part of my family for almost 12 years, a client... a friend. Due to the distance between us now, (about and hour and a half)  and her work schedule, she had to find someone closer to do her hair. I was thinking about her not long ago and out of the blue last week I heard from her... her exact words to me were "me and my hair need you, special occasion coming up this weekend and I just had to call YOU because my hair has not been the same without you." That my friends is loyalty at its best... and yet another reason I love my job. I welcomed her with open arms today, made her feel beautiful and she walked out with a huge smile and a bounce in her step (and her hair). It was awesome for both of us and her last words to me were... "see you next time, no more cheating on you!" Decision made. ;)

Have a great night everyone! (or day if you were already in bed when I wrote this)

"Loyalty and Honesty... be sure to offer both to everyone you care about, they deserve no less" ShelleyGiard© 2012
xoxo
~Shells~


No comments:

Post a Comment